13 February 2011

3 years old...never a minute on training wheels...



First day on the 'pedal bike' for #2 son. Yeah, he's a straight baller!

Parenting advice...
If you have children, want them to ride a bike, and want to make it brutally simple for them to learn, buy a balance bike. Both of my progeny used a balance bike for about a year, then moved directly to a 'regular' bike. Neither spent so much as a moment on riding with training wheels. Both also began to ride their bikes before their 4th birthdays...

As for me...
Did 2.5 yesterday solo out thru Lex/Calhoun Counties. I wondered why I was rolling along at 35-40kph on the way out to Sandy Run with a sub-150 HR, then I turned around and headed home. STRUGGLED to maintain 30kph into the headwind...and paid full metal retail for the remainder of the day b/c of the effort.
The only thing the weatherman had correct yesterday was the temperature. He missed wind direction, and speed, by a W-I-D-E margin.
This morning, I went out with the group for the first time in eons, and it was quite enjoyable. We did a meandering loop around the Fort without much care or impetus. Another 2.5 hours on the road bike in the books. Good the see everyone, and glad Mrs. Der Kaiser has recovered...

Saturday's SuperPrestige CX race...last 2 laps...



Hope everyone had a good weekend and got to go outside and play...

No comments: