15 February 2011

New Day...Happy Day

So, as I eluded to yesterday, the Ridley was in the stand, being torn down. Why? Well, to put it succinctly, it's broken.
Sunday afternoon, I was doing the weekly lick and rub, and noticed a very bothersome crack that ran up the seat tube. Seeing as I've ridden that bike about 6 times this winter, it was shocking news to me!
I took it to CC, so they could handle the warranty through QBP. Unfortunately, the shop is not a Ridley dealer, and even though they buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of product from QBP every year, thus, they could not handle the warranty. I was told that I had to go through Glory Cycles. Well, after the stuff that's happened with them lately, and the fact that I'm loyal to old friends, I choose not to turn down that road. Somehow, I knew the whole process would get fucked up somewhere along the way.
Instead, I called Ward Bates @ Winter Park Cycles in Orlando. I've known Ward for a decade, and knew he'd handle it properly, and with all due haste. In less than 24 hours, photos and emails were sent to the powers that be at both Ridley and QBP, and my new Ridley Helium is on it's way. THAT'S how you get shit done! If you have $ to spend, want high end stuff, and actual expertise to go along with it, call the guys @ Winter Park. All they do is high-end, and they do it well!
Time to order some new bits...sweeeeeet! Old parts will go on for now, though I may be forced to pull the trigger on a new group very soon.

For now, I'm riding the CX bike for everything. It's outlived 3 carbon frames...maybe I should take that as a hint...

Now, on to the rest of the show...

Broke out a quick 50km on the Salsa this morning in the sunshine. So nice...

F you Alberto! F you! WTF? I hope you get raw meat thrown at you in the near future. I don't know what outcome people really expected here either. Did anyone believe the Spanish were really going to ban him? I hope the UCI appeals to CAS, and that France and Italy ban him from racing within their borders. Douchecanoe...

To get your mind off the joke that European professional cycling has become, watch the video below...you'll say WTF again, and likely cock your head to the side like a Labrador. The kid obviously lives in The Matrix...



Now watch it again...

Peace...

No comments: