05 February 2011

Fine Line

Like the Spinal Tap boys said, it's a fine line between clever and stupid...

Same with 35 degrees and rain, except the line is between hard and stupid. I may not be the fastest guy on the block, but am surely harder than most. For the last two days, however, the prospect of riding in 35 degree rain held no romance. I hate the trainer with the white hot power of 1000 suns, but sometimes it beats being wet, cold, dirty and miserable.
Yesterday, I rode the last 50km of 2010 Liege-Bastogne-Liege...
This morning, it's was the last 50km of 2010 Roubaix, including the 'chase' of Spartacus for the last 45km.


I need to head back down to The ManHole(tm) and mop up. There's an obscenely large, muddy puddle under the cross bike right now...


Hey Bertie, STFU! I'm more than willing to bet that you were lucky that Clen is all they found in your piss! Remember this day? Yeah, the day you beat the best TTers on the planet?
I remember my phone ringing about 7 seconds after Clentador crossed the line. It was Bond on the other end, and the exact word, not words, was "BULLSHIT!" No cursory greeting, just "BULLSHIT!" That's enough for me!

Yeah, we all know, Jens is a BAAAAD man!

If anyone is near Athens tomorrow, get to Jittery Joe's in Five Points, and take part in the Dirt Road World Championships of The World. Jered Gruber put the loop together, so it's probably a combo of great/epic/big fun, and after the last two day of rain, it may be more Belgian than Georgian! Take a towel...

Out...

No comments: