13 December 2010

A new Member...


If you watched the CX Nats yesterday on the intarwebs, you saw a great race that was won by a guy who is, in fact, NAILS. Wells has been around a long time, and won a bunch of races, but it seems that 2010 was a banner year. US CX champs, US Short Track MTB champ and US XC MTB champ. Oh, did I mention that he finished 3rd @ Leadville in 6:30? Yeah, he's bad man! He's also an old man by pro dog standards at 34.
His Black Card is being sent to Durango as we speak...

As for the non-badass portion of this post, I did a solid 2.5 hours of CX bike goodness on Saturday. Went out and felt really bad, then crashed in a sandy turn, way out in the middle of BFE. It seems whatever was making me feel poorly leaked out as I laid in the soft sand on Old Wire Road. I got up, made sure nothing was protruding from my flesh, and continued on, feeling pretty damn good for the last 100 minutes of the ride.

Sunday was warm, wet and windy. I woke up STIFF from my meeting with the pre-historic beach in Lexington County, so I decided to go spin easy. One hour seemed to work out the kinks. Renick worked out the rest of them this morning...

Christmas is 13 days off...are you ready?

Oh, and if's you're anywhere close to Hoovis and his crew of misfits, get your shit together and go do his ride this coming weekend!

No comments: