10 December 2010

Friday's obligatory post

God Damn! I love Cipo, and so should you!

CONI has morning wood for Bernucci...and his entire family!

Cancellara to Riis : "it's not me, it's you..."

What BIG bike looks like! Tree Farm's Kona CX

Did a nice CX ride yesterday. Figured out a way to do a full hour on the train yard without ever having to get out onto the road. Funny part? The dudes who work in the yard are completely okay with it. Talked to the Manager and he's absolutely cool with it. Sweeeet!

So my new pulleys arrived yesterday and I ventured down into the ManHole(tm) to install them, along with a new KMC chain. Well, when I pulled the Ridley off the rollers (yes, I use them for storage), the headset was no longer operational. I'm not talking 'kind of rough' or even 'notchy'. It was frozen in position. I'm beginning to think that the jaunt around Lake Norman, in the snow, was bad for the bearings. Ya think?
So the headset got completely pulled out, cleaned and re-built. It's working again, but is going to get replaced in the next 7-10 days. Headsets for tapered steerers are not cheap, and sort of hard to find unless you know what you're looking for. That being said, almost all 1-1/8" to 1-1/2" tapered HS bikes use the same unit. If you're curious, it's a FSA CF-40. I know that your day will now be fulfilled with that knowledge.

I'm starting to think that I may just need to pull the trigger and buy some new bikes....

Oh, and TCOTBR has put it down once already @ CX Nats in Bend. Kris Walker won the Womens' 50-54 age group. Bo Pitkin finished a strong 11th in SS. The Rev knocked down a 15th in the TT to grab a 3rd row starting spot in Masters Elite on Saturday.

Werd...

No comments: