09 November 2007

Wow!

It's almost unbelieveable, but I did a ride last night that was FUN. There was no complaining, whining, bitching, or moaning. Just riding and laughing...it was really nice!

Doogie had the afternoon free from the chains of Medical School, so he rode in the warm sunshine. No reason to ride in the dark with me just for the sake of it...! I, in turn, met PalmettoSolo and the HBW guys for their Thursday night urban assault ride. I rode the Salsa from the house and them at the end of the Greenway. Once the dozen of us gathered, it was go time. We rode up through the park and out into the Northside of town. After a short loop through Elmwood Cemetary, we made our way around into Cottontown and then downtown for some parking garage fun, including the Trek rep almost taking out half the group in the Gravity Race. A big loop around campus and a drop into Granby Park followed. At this point, I parted ways with the group to get home at a reasonable hour. I got home with 2:30 on the bike, a good workout and a big smile on my face. This ride is what getting on a bike is supposed to be about...having a good time. I'm glad I took the invite and will be going back throughout the winter. I'd forgotten how much fun night group rides really are...

9 a.m. tomorrow...and in the forties...over/under is set @ 8 again this week. Try to be on time too! Some of us are tired of sitting around until 9:15 for the ride to leave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you roll by Hilton Field at 9:20-9:30 (??), I'll meet you there. If I am not there, soft pedal to the gate. I'll catch up. Don't wait. Could get in the grapes tonite. But even with that, I plan on making the ride.
LL