18 November 2007

Goog long ride

Saturday met us with 38 degree temps and a pretty stiff wind that seemingly came from every direction. It was the way a winter ride is supposed to be as well. We all stayed together, those who wanted to make an effort did so and then the group came back together and we even had a nice tempo section on Airbase. I ended up with right at 60 miles and was tired when I walked in the door. I could tell I hadn't been on the bike for a week...
The H.O. and I went to look at a house in the afternoon. It was nice, but if I'm spending $250k+, I don't want to be forced to administer TLC to the house when we move in.
Doogie brought his new cross bike over last night and we got it 80% built. The rear brake routing is presenting a problem, as there is no clear way to run the housing. The boss is entirely too close to the seat-tube. It may be indicative of a small bike, but I've never run into that problem before. I'm hoping a section of Nokon housing will remedy the situation or it may get torn down and sent back, which would be a shame. Redline makes nice cross frames.

I woke up this morning @ 5:20 a.m. to a screaming 2 year old. The poor little guy is sick and pitiful. The H.O. is leaving for a meeting this afternoon and the house looks like a family of Guatamalan migrant workers lives here, so there will be no ride for me today. It's okay though, I be out Tuesday night, and then Thursday thru Sunday. That'll make 6 days of 8 on the bike, which is a good stack for November.

Ohio State won 14-3 over Michigan...in Ann Arbor. Everyone sing..."We don't give a damn about the whole State of Michigan...!"

No comments: