21 November 2007

Well, that was a bust...

Doogie and I tried to do the HBW Tuesday night ride last night, only to be thwarted by time and mechanical difficulties. Neither of the problems being any fault of our own. We had 12 when we finally rolled out last night and the issues started immediately. Someone flatted on the lower part of the trail, about 2 minutes into the ride. Several of us rode on and up through the cemetary to wait...and wait...and wait...

Finally, Doog and I bailed and meandered through downtown to get home. Even with the lack of ride, I still got home shortly before 8. I just can't fiddle-fart around for 30+ minutes, waiting on folks who can't change a flat. Probably the last one of those rides I do for a while. They're definitely fun and good when they are problem-free, but last night just wasn't to be...


At least it served as a good shakedown ride for Doog's new Redline cross bike. Nothing flew off and he made it home safely in the dark.


I felt like shit for most of the day, most of the ride and the hour I was awake when I got home. I went to bed @ 9:30 and woke up this morning @ 8. Amazing what 10 hours of sleep can do for you.


I'll be heading out to ride at some point in the morning (Thursday) for a pre-Turkey Day spin...if anyone would care to join me. It will be the start of a 4 day block.



Here's the Redline...and yes, it's little...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, my name is Ryan Hardy- I am down right out side of Columbia until sat or sunday afternoon from DC. This morning I ran into a couple guys who said that i might find a ride for tomorrow by checking out your blog- if so could you please e-mail me at rkhardy1@gmail.com and/or I will try to check this again tonight. Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving!
Ryan