01 April 2007

Weekend and getting better

Well, the general malaise I've been feeling seems to be making it's way out of town. Last weekend, I had one of those empty days, followed by a week of not feeling all that great, on the bike or otherwise.
Yesterday's ride seemed to indicate that I am going, and feeling better. We rode 55 miles in 2:45 at a good, even middle of the road tempo. I had little issue either holding the tempo or pushing the pace, and never really felt like my heartrate got terribly high. We started with 6, but lost Reed about an hour into the ride. He was going to Charleston today for the spring century and didn't want to overdo it. I told him that 55 miles wouldn't hurt him for Sunday, but he reminded me that he has ridden about 10 times since November and that survival was his game paln for the century. Considering they rode 4:08 last year, I be ducking for cover if I was him too!
I really need a chain for the Ridley too. It popped a few times yesterday and made one REALLY loud protest when I stood up in the 14 to go for the bridge sprint. Thankfully, it held together, but I'll be ordering a new chain tonight nonetheless.
I didn't even bother to get up to ride this morning. Everyone that would even think about riding on Sunday was in Charleston and waiting for any OutJokin' employees is an exercise in futility. The way my luck runs, ThePeanut would have been the only one to show. I woke up late and finished all of the paintwork in my newly renovated backroom. It looks damn nice, if I do say so myself. It actually looks like I had professionals do the work, rather than a troupe of orangutans. I've learned a few things about hanging and finishing drywall since I did the ManHole. The only thing left is the floor, and I'll be starting it this week. I won't say that it should be a quick project, as that usually leads to a monkey humping a football.

As for ThePeanut, he has been conspicous in his absence. Evidently, he thinks that the whole of the Columbia cycling community is out to get him. Paranoia? Party of one...! If he didn't ride like such a boob and just STFU, he'd be okay. NID said that ThePeanut almost took out the Beer Ride on Friday night and got yelled at. If you are getting yelled at by the folks on the Beer Ride, the problem is yours...

Anywho, Ill probably go out for a quick spin tomorrow night to loosen the legs. The are stiff and heavy from climbing up and down an 8 foot ladder for the past two days. Crit Tuesday...see you guys there! It's supposed to sunny and 85...

No comments: