14 April 2007

OooFFF , ouch my tummy...

So Tuesday was great, felt good, rode well, could move around in the pack at will. Wednesday brought a bit of an upset tummy and a lot of gas. I was painting the newly repaired ceiling in the dining room and started to feel hot and really nauseous. About 45 minutes later, I had a base camp set up near the toilet in our bathroom. I spent the next 12 hours really getting to know the quality of our plumber's work. It also allowed me to assess the the tilework on the floor. Some soul searching was done as well. I felt like I would be climbing the stairs towards the white light at any moment. My last "episode" was approximately 5:30 am Thursday. I've eaten two meals since then and feel like re-constituted shit after eating. On the up side, I have lost 6 pounds since Wednesday morning. If this is the life of a runway model, I don't want it.
I feel almost human today. I'm just wicked tired from missing a full 24 hours of sleep and recoup time. That's what'll drain you. Well, that, and vomiting 50+ times. I lost count...

I did get The ManHole cleaned out today and installed Mandrus' ceramic BB. His D/A BB felt like someone had poured sugar in it. Oh, and I busted my lip while removing it. In Shimano's (in)finite wisdom, they designed a steel tool to go with an alu part. Well, the tool slipped when it ate the alu and my face came down cleanly on the TT. Nice...! I let fly a stream of obscenities that would make an Alaskan crab fisherman blush.

The coming rains will likely was out any ride until Sunday afternoon. I plan on going out Monday to see how I feel. The crit is a go, for now...

The H.O. is 5 days from dropping the newest addition to the clan, so all of these plans may get roundfiled.

Don't ask me, I just work here....

No comments: