09 April 2007

No riding this weekend

I woke up Saturday morning to 28 degrees and a howling 20+ mph wind. I'm not getting paid to ride and I knew that the chances of anyone else showing up were thin, almost anorexic. I finished the floor in the backroom instead. The only thing left to do is install the ceiling fan, and to be honest, it can wait.
Sunday was Easter and another day when getting dressed and showing up to the group ride was be little more than an exercise in futility. Most don't show on a normal, warm Sunday. It was about 38 degrees yesterday morning...

The yet unborn and un-named baby's room got a fresh coat of paint yesterday. It's still light blue, just a different shade of light blue. The H.O. made a decree, so I was obliged to re-paint. Smelling glue, paint and caulk for two days in a row has given me a blistering headache. That and the dust/pollen from mowing the grass last night.

I'm going to try to get out for a spin tonight to loosen up my legs...we'll see.

Crit tomorrow. Maybe it will be a little more controlled...I think I'll make an appeal for calm.

No comments: