18 April 2007

Round 6

Round 6 of the TNWCCS went off last night. We were met with a blistering tailwind up the front stretch, which meant that the headwind would be waiting for us on the back.
PMC doesn't seem to be able to follow directions, so instead of our normal, neutral lap, he just took off, forcing us to chase immediately. No big deal, since he was back in 2 laps. Breaks seemed to be constantly going and the crit stayed lined out for the first 15 minutes. Around 20 minutes, a break went and a few guys bridged across the gap. Pretty much all of the horsepower was in the break, leaving the second group with me, my brother, Il Professore, Matt and Reed to take up the action. The rest of the group was populated by guys who couldn't go through a freaking corner. Chris actually asked me to send one of the guys to the back. Which I did, since he looked like he was on the ragged edge of control through turn four. At 30 minutes, I felt the tell-tale bounce that comes when a rear tire is going down. It's what I get for riding through the gutter to get around some of the gapers. I stopped and changed the tube and jumped back in for a few laps, but it was all for naught, as the break wasn't coming back and my heart just wasn't in it.
Charles Ridleheuber (Bicycle Link-Beaufort) and Dr. LP went heads up for the sprint and Charles got it by a half-wheel. It was a good race that was pretty damn fast.

I could tell that I'd been sick for 4 days. My legs were pretty empty and about 15 minutes in, my stomach started to sour. I feel better for going out to ride though. You don't realize how much a stomach bug drains you until you try to ride at a high level. My electrolyte balance is still all messed up too.

Right now, we're standing @ 50 hours and counting until Il Bambino numero due arrives.

No comments: