28 April 2007

Quien es mas macho?

Well folks, the answer to that question is a simple one today. Karl Kaiser es mas macho. We had planned to do a 60-ish mile, steady, hard-ish tempo ride today and got a motorpace session behind Der Kaiser instead. Der Kaiser has been riding very well as of late and did the 95 mile RR in Rock Hill two weeks ago and then promptly took 10 days of the bike. He and his fresh legs showed up this morning and were feeling very frisky. He actually told Mrs. Der Kaiser that he felt 'great' when they were on their way to the ride. When Der Kaiser feels 'great', we usually get F-ed, hard...like prison!
He pulled about 75% of the 60 miles this morning and the pace never changed or wavered. If you want an example of the speed, we made it to the Cricket store in 90 minutes, and we went the long way, through Eastover! The entire 60 was covered in 2:45, which is impressive when you consider there were only six of us on the ride and it was WINDY. And we didn't go hard, at all, until we got out of the Fort. Today was one of those days when you rarely see the front, but are just whipped shit when you get home. I feel bad for NID and Joel, as they got shelled off before we made the first turn.

I was a bit tired about halfway through, but could do little about it. Considering I've ridden three days this week and all three were hard, I'm feeling okay with myself. Next week will be a rest/recovery week. I plan on riding, but only pulling #1 around in the Burley....maybe the Thursday ride...we'll see...

Crit report Tuesday. No ride tomorrow...baby duty (doody) calls...

1 comment:

Joel said...

No worries, we did basically the same route as you—just took an hour longer doing it. I got dropped on Leesburg after pushing it up and down those hills; all I remember seeing Karl rocking side to side and setting the pace several riders ahead of me. I was wiped out afterward with a average of 18.x MPH; no way I could have done it at your pace.