06 September 2016

Been a minute...

Again, sorry...I know you missed me...
I was feeling dinged up, so I took a few days off the bike. When I got back on, I simply didn't update.
Oh well...
Not much to talk about. Been doing my own thing, as I know what works for me. Stick to the program. Yada yada yada...
More than a few rides on the Salsa. Dirt seems to get me where I need to be. Pushing around knobby tires on heavy surfaces makes the road bike feel almost easy.

Dean & I met Saturday morning, and did an easy 85km out through LR. It was a Chamber of Commerce day. Thanks TS Hermine!! You watered my grass and plants, and when you left, you took all of the heat and humidity with you.
Nothing like leaving the house when it's 65, and getting home 3 hours later when it's 75.
Spent the rest of the day at the soccer fields with Junior Management. We took futbols, and footballs, bikes, frisbees...pretty much anything that we could carry. 3 hours later, we were all wrecked. Naptime...
A few of The Heathens met Sunday morning. I went out to the end of Pine Plain, and then headed home. I knew the Labor Day FF50 was looming, so no effort was put forth during my short 50km spin.
Speaking of the FF50, or the FFF110...
We met at 7:30, and rode to the ride. After meeting, and kibbitz-ing, the group of 80+ rolled to the Swamp. Slowly. It was a good little spin out. Once past the park entrance, shit got real.
The trip to Eastover passed quickly...and painfully. Funny how everyone wants to be at the front until it means taking a pull into the wind at 45kmh.
Eastover back to Caughman passed peacefully, and a little less angrily. It was fine with most of us. 35kmh felt relaxing.
The DT folks gathered up, and rolled home en masse.
110km was covered, and to be honest, it was the first time I'd ridden with that amount of anger in my legs since last Labor Day. It felt good to know that something came back after surgery.
Gotta say though, the legs are hollow meat sticks today.
I'd planned on going out for a spin, but decided to go out in the backyard, and lay bricks instead.
290km over the last 4 days. I'll take the day off.

Colnago intro'd their new aero bike, the "Concept", at Eurobike...
 Two wheels good...
 Ducati Scrambler. Meaty...
The new Noah is attractive.

I'll get back to posting more often this week.

No comments: