12 September 2016

It must be a Monday...

My shoulder slid out at some point last night. Feels GREAT.
I'm sitting here, arm all jacked up with pillows, trying to get the damn thing to return to it's normal upright and locked position. Needs surgery, but I sort of don't have the time right now.
Funny part...riding makes it better. Forces it up into position, and stay there. Might have to start lifting again to get a little muscled up...keep things locked in.

Speaking of riding, there were a couple of good one last week...
A new CX loop has been formulated. An extra section of dirt is now in play. The new loop adds a fair amount of climbing, and about 20km.
Did it Thursday. Seems like a good loop/plan for the morning rides through the Winter.
Speaking of, Fall/Winter needs to get here to beat back the growth on The Powerstation. Parts are getting really narrow.
Good ride Saturday. We meandered a bit. Took a few roads that we've neglected for a while. No dirt this week, but that's cool. I'm getting enough through the week.
I hit the door with 96km, so I did what any right-minded cyclist would do. I looped the block until the little screen showed 100.
We also had a nice morning of animal watching. Mini donkeys, mules, angus cattle, goats, and a few raptors popping up out of a freshly cut corn field. Several redtails, and one migrating Nighthawk were obviously enjoying the buffet of mice that had been revealed by the farm machinery.
We also ride past that 69 Z/28 that sits forlornly, rotting away under a tarp. Breaks my heart.
I'd go ask to buy it, but I fear dying of lead poisoning...if you get my drift.
The Dean & I met for an easy spin Sunday morning. The ride was easy. Getting out of town was not. One train was stopped, and blocked three separate ways of egress.
The term "around your ass to get to your elbow" is an apt description of how we got out.
Once out though, it was a nice, easy roll.
The Ridley creaked the whole fucking time. Once home, I showered and ate, then went down to Service Course. The left crank arm had worked a bit loose. Probably had something to do with #3 knocking the bike over...
Everything got pulled apart, cleaned, greased and tightened.
Then I napped...
Rough day.

Adam Blythe always has the best shoes...
 USAC says no hand-ups in CX racing. Sven Nys was handing up cupcakes in Chicago last weekend. Seems like we know all that's needed about the USAC ruling...
 Not a mountain bike guy, but I'd be okay with this garage combo...
 Oh my...I'm gonna need a minute...
It was at that moment, he knew that he'd fucked up...

Alright...it's 10am. I should get my day started. Again.











































No comments: