18 January 2016

(Sorta) Back at it....

Last week, I was given tacit approval to ride again. It was one of those, "I don't see why not..." sort of things.
Of course, this was after a series of leading questions from my physical therapist. I really like it when people talk to me like a small, dull child. Of course, sometimes, it's necessary.
It this case though, it is not. I've been off the bike for 10 weeks. That's somewhere around 35-40 rides missed. Ballpark? 80-90 HOURS lost.
I'm not going to push through this recovery, and injure myself further. Being off the bike SUUUUCKS!
I rode the trainer this morning. 15 minutes. Stretch. Then another 15 minutes. Pushing that 39x19 around @ 90-ish rpm, with the tire just barely kissing the roller.
Gotta say...it felt pretty good. The action itself was odd at first, but after about 3 minutes, it passed.
No pain. I'm good with that.
Probably do that for the next 5-6 rides. No reason to rush. No pro teams are watching a 46 year old guy in SC.
I will say, my pedal stroke on the right side is different now. Looks, and feels correct, like the knee had been injured for a long while. We'll see how it goes when the pedals are turned in anger...

Fun little course in Lignieres for the World Cup race yesterday...


It also showed why I'll never be a WC. Other than a distinct lack of ability, I cannot ride a one-handed wheelie...
Boonen looked ready to rumble at the Etixx-QuickStep presentation. Hopefully he and Fabi will battle in the Spring Classics

Does this position make anyone else's nethers hurt simply by looking at it?
This just hurts my feelings...
And Cannondale's new kits remind me of something...


Ok...enough for Monday. I'll be updating more than once a week. I got lazy over Christmas/Surgery break.


No comments: