21 January 2016

Hidey-ho...

Another spin on the trainer this morning. Better than the first.
No RoM issues. No pain. A bit of stiffness, but I think that has a two-fold reason.
1) 3 months of not using that leg.
2) PT was yesterday, and we did some new exercises.

Instead of 15 minutes on, then a stretch, I just spun through for a solid 30 minutes. No fuss. The taint needs to toughen back up though...
2009 Milan-San Remo kept me company...


As people are wont to do, I got a new phone for Christmas. That left my perfectly good "old" phone as a paperweight. An internet capable, GPS-enabled paperweight.
Instead of buying a basic Garmin, then whinging later when it quits working, I decided to make my old MotoX into a GPS bike computer.
Using a Garmin attachment point seemed like the best, most elegant (if there is such a thing) solution.
There's a company in Utah called DogEarsGPS. They make a small, billet aluminum piece that replaces the plastic attachment point on the back of a Garmin computer. Why do they make this? Well, the little plastic "dog ears" always break off Garmins.
I bought the piece, did a little measuring, and attached the alu Dog Ear to the back of the phone case.
Works perfectly.
FYI, Service Course sits at 40m/131ft above sea level. The mount is solid as a rock. Can't wait to get outside and try it. That's Google MyTracks, BTW.
Now to dump every non-essential app and program off the old phone.
If your Garmin has broken tabs, order the aluminum piece from DogEars. DO IT!

Style...
Either you have it...
Or you don't...
Why do I imagine that Farrar smells of hair product and patchouli?
Speaking of style...
Peto didn't shave his legs before San Luis. The horror....!!!!
My birthday is just around the corner. Just sayin'...

And with that, I've burned enough of your productivity for the day.



No comments: