02 November 2015

That thing...

You know...that thing...?
The thing were you aren't REALLY injured, but have a little knock, or ache, or pain?
Yeah...that thing...

My knee is bothering me, and seeing as no Euro teams are watching a 45 y.o. guy, I'm taking a week or so off the bike. It's feeling better every day.
Sure, I could probably ride, but It's November, and motivation is pretty low at the moment. And we won't mention that it's raining...AGAIN...
I planned to get back on tomorrow, but a trip to the Chiro is on tap. Supposed to be crappy Wednesday as well.
Looks like Thursday might be the day for an easy spin while Junior Management is at school.
I DO need to get back on it though. I was slack for most of October, and there's a LOT of candy in the house right now.
Damn kids...

Koppenbergcross was pretty good yesterday...


Poor Sven. At the front, only to be submarined by a mechanical...
The new Northwave CX shoe. Me likey...

And Tommy D's "B" sample is held up (he doped) because the FBI is investigating is his ex-wife could have "spiked" him (he doped), thus causing his positive. Seriously! One can't make this shit up!
If he's cleared (he doped), it's further proof that USAC is a joke.
And why would his ex-wife (#2 is I'm not mistaken) want to "spike" him? Let's just say that Tommy has an affinity for podium girls. Maybe it's all that testosterone rushing through his system?
I'm just wondering how long it'll be until he has his own Gran Fondo.

The folks at DEAN are bringing affordability to the Ti CX frame game.
$1200. Straight gauge American 3/2.5 Ti. 44mm headtube. Add an Enve fork, and a King headset, and you have a $1700 forever CX frame.
Then again, for just $300 more, one could get this...
Diamondback Haanjo Trail Ultegra. $2000. Alu frame/carbon fork. FULL Ultegra 11v with hydraulic brakes and HED wheels. A better bargain is hard to find. I'm sure the brand snobs will dump on it though, and that's cool. You go ahead and spend that extra $1K or so to get the same bike.

I'd tell you to go outside and play, but it's pretty crappy outside. Rain, fog...60 degrees. Stay inside.
Me? I'm thinking some retail therapy will make my knee feel better.


No comments: