06 November 2015

Back on the bike

Sort of...
Figured I'd go out yesterday. Haven't been on the bike in almost two weeks, just to let the knee heal up a bit.
The knee feels fine. Everything that stretched out on the back of my leg...not so much.
I could ride, but there was a little discomfort. Oh well...

We haven't seen the sun in a week. Seriously...it was last Friday. Welcome to the North of England.
I got on the Salsa, and headed out in the 65 degree gloom.
I figured The PowerStation would be underwater...and it was...
 This is high ground, about 200m into the road. No sense going any further...
The stream under this bridge is usually a trickle, and a SOLID 8-10 feet below the bridge...

I tried to sneak through the paved trail to get out. Nope...
The water got deep in a hurry, and was cold. Nothing to do but turn around head back out they way I came in.
And special thanks to the City of Cayce. They are out there trimming limbs, but didn't bother to remove them. Piles of limbs are covering the first part of the road. Good job guys. Way to render to road useless for recreation.
Up thru Cayce, Gervais, and the 'hood. An easy 90 minutes.
And honestly, the knee feels a bit better today. Supposed to rain this weekend...again...
Maybe I'll ride...maybe I won't...

New Scott Foil...it's a sexy beast...
 Skinsuit?
 BunBun wasn't quite quick enough. He's lucky it was the non-disk brake side...

And remember, even if you think you're the "cool" parents...


Have a peaceful weekend kids.

No comments: