30 November 2015

Another Monday

One kid is home sick. I was up with him half the night. I'm tired.
Once the caffeine started to do it's thing, I looked up the Broncos/Patriots score, and my Monday got better.
Not only did Baby Hands Brady get beat, but Gronk got a boo boo.
Is everyone in Boston wearing black this morning? I know a watermelon-shaped person up there, and I'm sure she's apoplectic. Gotta snicker...

Still not riding. Thought about going out Saturday, but the lure of sleeping until 9am was too strong. I went outside and ran the leaf blower for 2 hours instead. If I can't get on the bike, my outlet will be irritating my hungover neighbors. It's good fun!
Yesterday, I strapped up the bad wheel, and took Corpo on a little adventure.

 The Palmetto Trail is a great resource for folks here in SC. It cuts from the Upstate, all the way to the beach. Most of it is open, and most of it has some historical significance.
We went up to Peak, and wandered on the old rail line.
The bridge is 1100' long, and was built in 1904. The entire section is 11 miles, and is open to hikers, and cyclists. It would be big fun to ride on the CX bikes. Just sayin'...
Back to a little history...
This bridge replaces a wooden RR bridge that was burned by retreating Confederates in Feb. 1865., in an effort to hinder Sherman's progress North, out of Columbia. When the water level is low, the bases of the old bridge are still visible.
This section was a stop in Peak, SC, on the trip from Greenville to Columbia roundtrip.
Gotta say, it was a nice walk in the woods. And we saw a beaver swimming in the river...

 How I've been getting in bed lately...
Don't know what this is? Then SHHHHHHH....

Fun race in Hamme yesterday. Muddy and tres Belgique...


Sven got a bad start, nailed in back, but just couldn't get there.

Appointment with the Surgeon on Thursday afternoon to figure out the plan for the knee. Ready to do SOMETHING...

Although, I did get some TRX straps. People say you can't get a good workout on them. Those people are wrong. Done correctly, it kicks your ass.
Just because I'm hurt doesn't mean I can't do work. #WUKAR

Time to get ready for a good crack and stretch. Enjoy your Monday.



No comments: