27 February 2015

That last 8 minutes...

Now matter what one does in life, the last 8 minutes is always the worst.
Think about pretty much anything that takes time. Now think about the last 8 minutes.
Ok, there are a few things where the last 8 minutes are pretty cool, but this is a PG13 show...

Not in the mood to go out in the damp, cold darkness last night, I rode the Infernal Machine again. I had no urge to do anything that would take me near my vomit threshold, so I put my effort at about one notch above comfortable, and left it there for the better part of an hour.
2011 Flanders kept me company...


Now, one would think that 80-85% wouldn't be too tough, and it really isn't...except for that last 8 minutes. It really started to sting...

I'm riding outside this weekend. I don't care what the weather brings....

If I could only own ONE bike, it would look something like this...possibly even with the discs...

I'm riding like this from now on...

(Internal Combustion)
 Ducati Cafe?
 HD Scrambler?
Boat-tail 72 Riviera?

Yes...Yes...and Yes. Shut up and take my money. Probably better that I don't have money...

And some bold claims were made by a wheel builder yesterday. Something about a 50% savings in watts as it pertains to seal drag. Well, seeing as seal drag on a rear wheel is about 3w MAX, it's pretty inconsequential, and can be marked down as BS marketing hype. Your FTP will still suck.
That same amount of "speed" can be attained by putting good tires and latex tubes on the wheels you already own. AND you'll save $1000+.

And if you've ever wondered what would happen if a nuke went off over you town, there's a tool...

Go outside and play!




No comments: