19 February 2015

#hate

The Boss got home late Tuesday, and to be honest, I wasn't terribly enthused by the prospect of a dark solo ride in damp, 35 degree temps. Yeah...yeah...Rule 5 and all that crap. I just didn't want to do it.
Instead, I got dressed, and went down to Service Course.
I hate the trainer, but there are times when it's the better choice.
It was 60 degrees, there was no wind, and I could ride bathed in the pale blue glow of the TV. 2012 Roubaix kept me company.
Instead of just rolling the legs around, I warmed up for 10 minutes. Knocked down 5x5s w/2 minutes between, and then spun down for 10 minutes. 53 minutes. No more...no less. Short and sharp.
It also worked out that the last 40km of Roubaix exactly that long. Things sometimes work out...even if part of the thing sucks...
Probably do the same thing tonight, as it's supposed to be 28 degrees at ride time. Warm and dry beats dark and cold. Not often...but it happens. at least that's how I'm justifiying it.

Yeeoouuch!

I'm all for flouro, but Sagan, and Saxo in general, are taking it to the extreme. The Ale/Cipo women's team though...

When team cars had style...
Proper fitment of a black and white skinsuit...
Not #blackfish...

You're probably riding your tires with too much pressure... (<<<
And if there was any doubt that James Garner was cool, this only serves to cement the fact that he was...


Ok kids...stay inside...stay warm...








No comments: