16 January 2015

Nope

No ridey last night.
I'll do wet. I'll do cold. I'll do dark. I will NOT do wet, cold, AND dark. Just a recipe for trouble.
An riding anywhere near the river is a big ask right now. It's a bit high...
I'm guessing the rain lately has restored some balance to the water table around here too, as we live pretty far above the river, and the sump pump in the basement has been kicking on with some frequency over the last few days....

I may go out for a quick spin this afternoon. Junior Management is going to the Lexington office this weekend. WhoooHooo!

And I'm going to ride the road bike for the first time in what seems like forever. Hopefully, there won't be any crack pipes involved....

This made me puke in my mouth a little...
It does say a lot for the strength of Look frames though....
And speaking of Look, our friends out at the Hawley Company are now the sole importer and distributor of Look frames in the US. A bit of a coup...
And I'm all for riding in the snow, but road bikes...in a group?
To paraphrase Oprah...
"YOU get a broken collarbone...and YOU get a broken collarbone...EVERYONE gets a broken collarbone...!!!!

And we've talked about the debacle at Nationals. Accusations flew. Fingers pointed. USAC got all 8th grade girl defensive, which isn't surprising, as they want to protect their monopoly.
Something really cool did come out of it though...
See there, on the left edge of the picture? Yeah, that's JBristol at the start of the D1 collegiate race. VW used this shot all weekend in their sponsorship materials online. He's sort of "internet famous". Of course, he'll tell you he was anyway...

And a little Vicky P to close out your week...
Enjoy...

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. Go outside and play...




No comments: