28 July 2014

Twas a long-ish weekend...

Sometimes, on rare occasions, Monday is a good thing...
Saturday : 0800 roll out. Damn, getting up to ride at 8 is hard. I give credit where it's due to those who do the 0530 thing. I love my bikes, and I love riding, but the occasion would have to be SPECIAL to throw a leg over the top tube that early.
We rolled out into LR under a LOW cloud deck, and some serious fog. The plan was to ride 70-ish km, but since is wasn't oppressively hot, we added a bit. 90km later, I was home...
After a quick nosh, it was up on the ladder to paint a bit. About a 90 minutes in, I reached for a small spot that I'd missed, and the ladder shifted.  Did I mention I was probably 10-ish feet off the ground?
So yeah, I reached back to grab the ladder, and knocked the ENTIRE gallon of paint off. I can say with some authority, that when that volume, and weight, of paint falls from that height, it DOES explode with ferocity, and goes EVERYWHERE.  There's a complex math/physics equation in there somewhere, but I was never good at either.
Jump cut to me hosing off the the ladder, the windows, the bricks, and the plants. I took that as a sign to quit for the day...
Then we went to the rodeo in Blythewood. Brilliant people watching, and some good rodeoing. Is that a word?
I may have also developed a thing for rodeo chicks.
Sunday : Normal rollout. Good ride. Big fun...until we left Gaston. It seemed the heat had come up, and my internal gauges put the motor into safe mode. No bonk, no knock, just hot. We all sort of limped home in one manner of of suffering or another. 100km...5 bottles of water and 2 bottles of Skratch.  It wasn't enough...
I ate a normal meal, drank a liter of Skratch, and went on the hunt for Roxy's mutt. She's been running the 'hood for 4 days. Sightings are regular, and in the same location, so I borrowed a humane trap from Dr. JB, and we set it up last night.
Gotta roll out there shortly to see what, if anything, is in it. Hopefully, it'll be a scared little black dog, and not a rabid, pissed off coyote.

Tour's over...guess I need to go run the errands that have been so sorely neglected for the past week(s). I need fooooood.

 Yeah...58t chainring. Single chainring. 11/32 cassette. Tony brought the noise...
 Phinney's leg. Guessing the wounds were closed by Dr. Frank N. Stein?
Okay, now the Maillot Jaune is pulling wheelies. The Shark jumped the shark. Time to find a new trick guys. 
Um...I..it's just that...thing thing is...what they did here was...nevermind...let's defer to the dog...
Not sure Husky is not sure...

And to conclude, if you're out near Saluda Shoals, and see this little mutt running about, grab her. Her name is Jessie.  Roxy will be your new best friend....





No comments: