07 July 2014

A few things...

After the fun that was the 4th ride, I woke with tired legs on Saturday. As I shuffled through the house, I realized that i really needed to go roll around for a bit to work out some stiffness.
CX bike.  Powerstation. 90 minutes. All was right with the World.
Also found a GIANT wing feather from a Redtail Hawk...
And of course, once sharing the info, TVH informed me that possessing feathers from birds of prey is illegal.  Oh well...I guess I'll meet the DNR guys at the door...

Once home, and satiated with a sammich, Corpo loaded up and went to the pool.  It was quite nice to float around, and splash with Junior Management.

Pro-Tip for Cyclists : Put a lot of sunscreen on your pale/white bits.  My feet and ankles are a lovely shade of pink right now...

The normal bunch showed up for Sunday.  Swansea loop backwards.  Really good ride on a pretty great morning.  Big sun, light wind, and for the first week of July, cool-ish temps.
240km for the 3 day weekend.  I'll take it...

And the Tour kicked off...I'm sure you are all watching at some point during the day.  Guessing everyone saw Cav's display of dumbassery in the sprint on Stage 1.



Yeah...it was his fault.  Yeah...it was stupid.  Yeah...he went home.
What was a bit shocking was his outright admission that it was his fault.  No deflection, no pointing fingers at others.  It was a surprising show of maturity from 'ol Poppin-Fresh.  After the fact...
If he'd showed the same amount of maturity DURING the race, he's still be racing.  I understand the want to win, especially in England, in his mother's hometown, but sometimes, things don't work out.  Putting you helmet under someone's armpit, and moving them 3 feet off their line, and causing a crash doesn't help.
Thankfully, there were only three involved in the shunt.  It could have been MUCH bigger.  And the other two rode away to race another day.
And Cav is doing the exact same thing I'm doing right now...
Sitting on the couch, watching Stage 3, with pain in his shoulder.

Reminded me of this...



Eye candy...

Triumph Daytona Scrambler.  Or as they builders call it, The "DoomsDaytona".

Ok...the Tour is on...I'm out...

No comments: