24 July 2014

Things and stuff...

So Tuesday night was interesting.
Lots of people lacking in group ride skills, getting talked to like a small, dull child on how to execute the ride...by a guy who doesn't even do the whole ride, and riding with legs that were little more than hollow meat sticks.
Yeah...good times...
At least I didn't have a flat.
Can't be there tonight, as the Boss made plans for me.
Make sure you guys have your ride buddy...

So there's another new thing coming down the pike.  Little wheel bikes.  I'm conflicted. Do I loathe these things, or do I want one?

 This one, I sort of want. It would be a ripping townie bike...
 And a Ti IF with Campy stuff and HED wheels.  I'm really torn...
 Pippo is taking the flouro thing next level.
Jack Bauer showing how to begin an endo if you so much as run over a squirrel turd. Can't WAIT until this starts showing up on group rides.

BikeRadar has actually had some good stuff during the Tour this year...

Weird Tech





And it seems racism has reared it's ugly head in the peloton after Albasini allegedly hurled an insult @ Kevin Reza from Europcar.
Doubtful that Reza would make this stuff up, and the Italians aren't exactly known for their tolerance in other sporting arenas.
Let's be clear. There's no place for this crap.  Albasini should be tossed, regardless of his denials and apologies.
He, and his team, both readily admit that Albasini said something to Reza, but deny that it was the racial epithet Reza claims. The apology stunk of the usual "but I have black friends" stuff.
Reza took the high road, and came out looking even more #pro. I like that guy. He has a nose for the front, and you'll see him near the front on the Champs. He finished 7th there last year BTW....

OK...time to watch the Tour. They're descending the Tourmalet...headed for Hautacam...
Makes my legs and back hurt thinking about it...

No comments: