24 February 2014

Cord wood

That's how I've been stacking miles lately.  I was a little slack this weekend, only putting in 7:30 on the bike.  Sorry coach...
I'm tired today.  Thinking I'll ride Tuesday night, as it will be warm, then close the book on February.
My battered old body needs a few days of rest.
Saturday was a good ride out thru LR.  A meandering loop on several roads that haven't been ridden in months, if not years.  A little speed, some F-16s flying about, and a Veloflex tire meeting it's demise.  That's pretty much the whole 80km in a nutshell.

 Pretty great sky Saturday morning!
 Yes, Outspokin' Bicycles, you many use this photo.  You too Leventis and Ransom!
And some painted horses.  Not a bad morning on the bike!

Sunday was warmer, but cloudy, and turned into a rather long ride.  4:30 to be exact.  Our little group got to the turn, and decided to make a bigger loop instead of going up a climb of ill-repute. 
We ended up riding some pretty brilliant roads, somewhere just South of the Middle of Nowhere.
 So. Many. Cars.
And Roxy decided she wanted to be Victorian.  Just a little skin...
125km later, I was home.  We didn't ride particularly hard, but there were some fast spots, and it was a little breezy out in the country.  And we've all called BS on the 2700' of vertical the mapping program assigned to the ride.  No way...
Thinking it might be time to start putting some efforts into the mix...

I'm gonna need a minute...

Yes, Sagan is a better bike handler than you! 

Euro CX -- Oostmalle



Not much else happening.  The sun is out.  The sky is blue.  And it's almost lunch time. 
I need to buy some bike stuff now, so...


1 comment:

Junk said...

Oostmalle, so sad. Last race of the season. I'll be ok.