29 August 2013

I was right...

I know it pains pretty much everyone around here when this happens, but it does occur...more often than not...
The problem this time is that I was right, and it's paining ME.
I felt sort of puny last weekend, and was at the end of a six week riding period, so I figured I'd back off a bit, and take a little rest. 
I told Ford on Saturday that I'd be sick by the middle of the week, and I was right.
Between the amount of riding, and school starting back up, I have something swimming around in my cranium, and I think we all know, it ain't brains.

I normally DO pick up something at this time of year.  I blame the kids.  They go back to school, and get around all of the other little dirt farmers, then bring home an amalgamation of whatever strains of sick are floating around.  It's sort of an virological boulliabaisse. 
Mark my words...it will eventually be the root cause of the zombie apocalypse. 

No matter.  I can't ride tonight anyway, due to The Boss having to oversee the hospitality tent at the Carolina football game.  I'll just hydrate, and fill myself with over the counter meds.  I'd call my personal Doc for a RX, but he's in worse shape than I after a high speed shunt that left the poor boy with a bunch of broken bones...and hopes.

I cannot decide here...

I'm down with the flouro, but flat green.  It looks like it should glow in the dark.  Maybe it does...?

Remember, caps...not hats...

That's right...

Why do I have the distinct feeling that Bristol's pool will meet a similar demise when it's reached the end of it's useful life? 

Oh, and Tuesday's ride was fun.  Decent average pace, and I did exactly what I said I was going to do...not ride at all hard.  Just sort of rolled around.took my turns, and came home...in the dark. 
Hope everyone enjoys their ride tonight.  Be safe.  The roads will be filled with drunken college football fans.

I'm off to Target and Earthfare.  Oh boy...the excitement is palpable. 



1 comment:

Justin said...

I do have access to a jeep...