09 September 2012

Hmmm...a good weekend? Who knew?

First, the older two members of Junior Management went to the Lexington County branch for the weekend, which just left the Management Trainee at home.  HQ was quiet...NICE!

Friday night, I went down to Service Course to clean the bikes.  Both had been sadly neglected for the last couple of weeks, and my OCD was getting the better of me.  Big exciting Friday night around here, eh?

Woke up Saturday and met JBristol and Charlie for a modified version of the WeCola loop.  We sort of just meandered until we hit 302, and got the the kicker tailwind.  Don't know how fast the wind was blowing, but I pulled them all the way to South Congaree in the 48/13 and 12.  A 48/12, spinning at approximately 120-ish RPM will yield 62kmh.  Plenty of speed.  Odds are, the gear you're riding, is too big...
Charlie turned for home, and JB and I continued up thru campus, just in time to catch the straggler sorority girls, in their little dresses and cowboy boots, headed for the game.  A proper way to end a good ride.
Unfortunately, I'd left my camera at Service Course...dammit!!!

This morning, 5 of us left for LexCo.  The 5 turned into 4, as Marc (former P-1-2 State Crit Champ) Williams took a hero pull down 12th St., and dumped poor Charlie out the back like so much English Tea.  In Charlie's defense, he did give blood yesterday, and said he felt 'empty and cold'.  I told him they might have taken too much...
Anywho...we rolled on...

 Yeah Marc, we're coming...  Quit pulling so fucking hard...

 You guys can have Fort Jackson, and it's pretty colored safety vests...

 Yesterday ended with sundresses, today...a really long freight train...

We had time to kill, so I got artsy.

In total, we knocked down 90km in right at 3 hours, including the last hour into a BLOCK headwind, AND fiddling around in the WeCola and Shandon.  I'll take it...
Best part of the ride?  We rolled up on some random guy on a road bike, way out in LexCo.  He tagged onto the back, and stayed with us for a solid 15 minutes.  Oh, did I mention he was wearing khaki PANTS, a t-shirt, and sneakers?  We weren't killing it, but we also weren't spinning the 39/17.  Impressed?  We were...

The ride was followed by a nice lunch, the washing of the Beast, and a pretty solid nap.

Junior Management is home, the Boss is making dinner, and I need to go put my bike away.   Hope everyone's weekends went swimmingly...

Namaste...


No comments: