28 September 2012

Finally Friday...

Am I the only one who's had a long fucking week?  Sheesh...

From about noon Wednesday on, this week has just dragged ass. 

 So, why did the rest of the peloton not get worried when this happened?

 Someone please 'splain to me how this is better than a seat bag.  Some of the shit from Interbike just boggles the mind...
"Hmmm...let's take a saddle bag, and remove ALL of it's protective properties...people will buy it b/c it's 75g lighter!!!..."

 In that same vein, how does a bike with a visibly poor tape wrapping job get put in the Campagnolo booth?  A gap...really?  I guess Daniela (yes, that is her name) was there to distract...

Pro-Tip : It's okay when Boonen sits up to take off his jacket.  Anyone who isn't a pro...not so much...


Pretty decent rides this week, even considering the waning light. 
Tuesday was fun, and pretty quick.  Seemed even quicker as I rode the Salsa.  That 48 chainring can deliver plenty of speed, but it forces my non-spinner legs to go around a bit more quickly than I care to admit.  60kmh on 302 was an exercise in 120rpm. 
Last night was, for all intents and purposes, the last group road ride of the "season" (I hate that word).  The group was pretty large, but it seemed no one really wanted to push terribly hard, which was a-ok by me.  If legs were flat last night, I was Kansas.  And this allergy thing is really beginning to piss me off.  Runny nose, can't breath, crusty eyes...I'm a sight to behold.  Funny part?  Even though no one felt like going hard, the work was still shared by the same 6 people...
Both nights forced the use of the lights, and riding home in the DARK.  Which brings me to the next point...

The Urban Ride is firing up next Tuesday.  MTBs or CX bikes.  Lights are pretty much required, both for vision, and for safety.  It's big fun.  Meeting place remains the same.  Forget to ask what time we're meeting for the first few...I'll update when I find out.

Saturday ride : Most folks are going to do The Assault of Little Mountain.   If you choose to go, have a good time.  The roads are great up in that neck of the nape.
Bristol and I are meeting @ 0900 at the Colonial Center fountain for a CX ride.  Figure on a couple of hours.  I have to come home and do yardwork...oh joy!

Sunday : 0900 from Greene and Laurens.  Lex and Calhoun loop of some sort.  55-60 miles.

And something to mess with your brain on a Friday...

Enjoy your weekend.  Go outside and play!

No comments: