12 September 2012

95 Worlds



Olano attacks...Indurain has the chase group covered like a tarp on the roof of a single-wide.  And Olano has a rear puncture.  Did he get off, throw the bike down, have a whinge, and wait for the team car?  Nope!  He went on about the business of winning Worlds.  45kmh on a flat rear tub is not for the timid...


Good ride last night.   As Il Prof said upon returning to the parking lot after the ride, it may have been one of the overall fastest rides of the Summer.  Racing darkness will do that for you.  I hit the lot @ 7:45, and the sun was down.  It was that lingering twilight just before things go black.  When I rolled into Service Course just 17 short minutes later, it was DARK. 
I was DONE when I got home too.  The tank was dry.  Gap closures and big pulls will do that.  Not going to recount the ride blow by blow, but I will say that the workload wasn't equitable. 

I also forgot to mention that Columbia has a Drug Suppression Unit.  How do I know?  They brought their special brand of Monopoly to my quiet little street on Monday morning.  Monopoly you say?  Yeah...do not pass go, do not collect $200...go directly to jail.
7 vehicles, 8 officers, and 2 big ass K-9s hit my neighbor's house at 0930 Monday morning.  About 90 minutes later, they were loading my crankhead/crank dealer neighbor into the back of a transport van for the short trip to RCDC. 
Nothing like having someone get cuffed and stuffed for Possession with intent 50 feet from your front door.  A little surreal.  Kinda like "COPS : The Live Tour"!! 
In all honesty, fuck that stupid bitch (pardon my salty language)!  Bringing that crap into a quiet neighborhood, 3 blocks from a school.  I have NO sympathy.  It's not a mistake, or an accident.  Using, and selling, that shit is a conscious decision.  Then yesterday, SCE&G came by and shut off her power, and the City was out to shut off her water.  Money for meth, but not for utilities?  Yeah...nice priorities.  Maybe DSS will be by soon to remove her kid...

Ok...enough ranting...

Time to get dressed and go to Target...

Namaste




No comments: