22 January 2012

Wow, the WXman really screwed the pooch...

Man, I should have gone to a school that had meteorology as a Major. Being a weatherman must be the tits. Roll into work, look at what the NWS and Weather Channel have to say, formulate some sort forecast for the area, and roll back out. Did I mention that it really doesn't matter if you're right or not?!?
What a freaking gig!
Now, in the local dipshits' defense, they DID say it was going to rain this weekend. However, they missed the temps by a WIDE margin. Reminds me of the Crash Davis quote from 'Bull Durham'. These guys couldn't hit water if they fell out of a fucking boat!

So Saturday, it was supposed to be in the mid-60s with 50% chance of rain. Bzzzt! Missed it.
I rolled out @ 0900 in 52 degrees and clouds. 45 minutes into the ride, the sky opened up. It only got stronger as the ride progressed. When I hit Service Course, I had 2:05 ride time, and was wet, cold and filthy. It was 50 degrees and still raining.
The Corporation then loaded up and headed to Charlotte for an Ikea run. Rained the whole way up, the entire time there, and the length of the return trip.

Today, it was supposed to be in the mid-60s again. Bzzzt! Still your turn weatherdork! I rolled out in 44 degrees, stiff North winds, and a low cloud deck. It didn't rain, thankfully, but the ride was two hours of sheer bliss. Did I Mention that the temp DROPPED 4 degrees in the time I was out? Yeah, it was 40 when I hit the door.

I hope the weatherguys are listening to Phil Collins today! On a loop!

The weather was nicer in Belgium today! Pauwels wins with a gap, and the favorites were spread all over creation.
Laatste Ronde from Hoogerheide

Time to go to the Manhole(tm) and give the CX bike some love. The rain yesterday was not kind to the drivetrain!

No comments: