15 January 2012

Brrrr...(whatevs)

I love unused double track through the woods...

I hate this flyover...but it makes for good pictures.

Nothing needs to be said about this pic...

Rolling along in the sunshine...

Big blue sky out there this weekend. If you didn't go out because it was cold, well... (Rule #5) !

The CX bike was called on both days. I knew no one would show up for the morning rides because it was below 40-ish degrees, and riding the road bike solo holds little romance for me these days.
I did different loops both days, but 2.5 hours got knocked down in each instance. Every possible surface and condition was traversed over the course of each day's ride. All sorts of tarmac, gravel, dirt, singletrack, some bricks, treated wood, and some grass so soft that baby lambs would think twice about eating it.
I also had a little run in with a gentleman of Napoleonic stature (short guy in a big truck) on Saturday. Some honking, yelling, swerving on his behalf was met with me catching him in traffic on Gervais, and attempting to drag him out through the window. My hand and wrist are still a bit sore from punching his window as he rolled it up to prevent his own forced egress from the vehicle.

(Rant)

I truly hate these sorts of confrontations, but there comes a point when asshats in their steel cages have to learn that a guy on a bike is not there to harass. Laws are fine and well, but they aren't working. Letters to Government are pissing into the breeze. Letters to the editor are little more than wasted thoughts and keystrokes. Maybe a few summary beatings will get the message out there...
And I flatly refuse to be confined to riding on Ft. Jackson. That's just giving up...

(End rant)

Okay...enough from me. Time to do a little shopping for bike stuff...

No comments: