06 November 2011

Weekend-y

Let's start with the happenings...

GP Mario de Clercq went off this morning. It seems that if you live in Belgium, or one of the surrounding countries, and have a farm, you can host a GvA CX race. I was expecting to see them dodging cattle.

Contador got hitched. His wife's name is Macarena...the jokes, they write themselves.

-I wonder what the first dance was?
-Gives new meaning to 'doing the macarena'...
-The menu? Beef, of course...

The Amstel Curacao race went off last week. The pictures do little for the whole "cyclists are gay" thing...

I'm no expert, but I'm willing to wager some of my hard-earned American money that this guy did not hop up and skip happily away from this "incident". I think he was dressed up as 'Waldo' from the famous, "Where's Waldo" kid's books.
If you really want the answer to the question, the safe bet would probably be, "In the ER..."

The wind was HOWLING yesterday, so I did what a smart cyclist would do...I stayed in the woods. A nice CX ride through Lexington County. Even though the trees knocked down some of the gale, it was still a stiff breeze.

This morning, we set off for Calhoun County, and did the standard, old school Gaston loop. 95km later, I hit the door, changed clothes, and did 2 hours of yardwork. I love my big trees, except in November, when the leaves fall at a rate that makes clearing the yard Vietnamesque. You fight the battle, over and over, but somehow, you merely break even.

As I sit here pecking out this entry, I'm completely wrecked. Did I mention I have the privilege of schlepping out to Lexington to pick up the children? Yeah, that's gonna wait a bit. I have the beginning of the NASCAR race to sleep through...

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments: