13 November 2011

Stuff

I really want...more like NEED Stybar's Merckx CX frameset. It sort of just does it for me...

Oh, here it is in action from Hamme-Zogge today...

Saturday's ride was supposed to be 40-ish miles. I guess the "-ISH" part was enough of a gray area to add 15 miles to the ride because I had 55 when I hit the front door. Nothing really to report about the ride other than Cam and TVH's near deer experience out on MLK in Hopkins.
The first, and largest deer passed cleanly between Il Prof and the three of us. The second two were close enough for Cal to lock it down, thus causing TVH to lock it down and slide sideways at a rather acute angle to the road. The FOURTH deer chose not to cross the road and hit the brakes about 6 feet from us. It would not have been an attractive, nor inexpensive shunt with Bambi. I had the Contour HD on the bike, but did not have it running...DAMMIT!

This morning, Il Prof, Dr. LP and I met for another 55 miles out through Calhoun and Lexington. Good variation of the semi-normal loop. The big fun? A sort of stiff tailwind home. Fish Hatchery was a ripper.

Another 55 miles in the books. It's a shame people can't be bothered to come out for these rides...
Oh well, their loss...

No comments: