27 November 2011

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

I think we need to print these off and play at the next big CX race.

Speaking of CX...

Nys shows why he's known as the "Kaanibal" this weekend. Wins at both Koksjide and Gieten. Nice!

Koksjide highlights

Gieten Highlights

They say there are 'horses for courses', but I haven't seen one give Nys trouble...ever.

Something to watch...
These dudes have bike control, period!



(break)

Yesterday was the 'rolling paceline' ride. Nice 2.5 hours with about 90 minutes of it being at SST/Tempo pace, and just rolling through the line. Well, for most of us. It seems the concept of a steady paceline is just beyond some people. I really like having to accelerate in the LEFT line to stay on a wheel. It's okay though, as the offender got shown what speed was a few times yesterday when he was chased down, and unceremoniously blown out by the one, and only, Ben Jones.

This morning, we had a nice, modified loop through LexCo. 80km, some good climbs, and a couple of sections that were fast. It's nice rolling along in the line @ 45-50kmh, being pulled by Der Kaiser at one end, and pushed by a cross/tail wind at the other.

My legs are hollow meat sticks at this point. I've ridden 7 of the last 9 days...right at 17 hours of saddle time. Friday and Saturday, I also raked, blew, and dragged leaves for a total of 6 hours, so I'll call it 23 hours of 'training' for the week. I'm just a little bit wrecked.
All of this riding HAS forced most of the "stuff" from my head, so the head cold that's been hanging around for the better part of two weeks is on it's way out.

It seems nap time is upon us...

Hope everyone had a good extended weekend!

1 comment:

Junk said...

The Superprestige site locked up on me today right when they were making their last turns into the finish. Nys, though, was putting on a class of how to handle a bike at Koksijde. I think he dabbed maybe once on the long sandy climb. Great stuff to watch.