21 November 2011

Oy vey...and a badass dog!

So last week, I had my "If I ain't sick, it ain't Thanksgiving" head cold. Thankfully, it didn't turn into a full blown sinus infection, as usually happens. A shitload of vitamins, Claritin D, fluids, and the Neti Pot ran the bitch out of town.
I also did NOT even look at the bike for 5 days.
The combination of these two things made Saturday's ride an exercise in Rule #5. I rarely leave with the group, then just turn off. I hate that shit! Anyway, halfway out of the Fort, I was ready to bail.
Once to the gate, I got off, had a stretch, a break naturel, and coughed out something that looked remarkably like a Portuguese Man O' War, then climbed back onto the bike.
We rode a rolling paceline for the better part of the next 2 hours, which I wholeheartedly believe pushed out a lot of the bad stuff in my body. I sweat, coughed, and blew snot rockets for the entire time...and felt better for it when I hit the door with 75km.
Sunday the bunch rolled out into Calhoun County. I think Il Prof was tired from Saturday, as about an hour in, he suggested a route that was shorter! In the 15+ years we've ridden together, I don't think I've ever heard such a suggestion. From him, it bordered of blasphemy.
We shortened the loop, but still ended up with almost 3 hours and right at 80km.
It was good to see Marc Williams again too. Riding with Coco is rare these days, as he's now pitching his tent in Greenville. Dude is just strong...even in November.

Once home, I raked leaves in the backyard for two hours. I should advertise leaf raking as a core workout...maybe create a DVD series, because the area between my collarbones and junk is SORE today. I'm grateful that it started to rain, and I had to come inside, or I may not be ambulatory today!

On the news tip, Contador's doping case is FINALLY going before CAS today. Yeah, that only took 16 months. At this point, who cares? Let the dude race...

Lily is cooler than your dog! Pay special attention to a few of the double jumps...



Ok, you've wasted enough time here, get back to work! Enjoy your Monday. The sun is out and it's gonna be 75...

No comments: