09 October 2011

Weekend

SuperPrestige CX races have started in Euro. Ruddervoorde was today. Normal course for them...
Gotta love the rhythm section...

Saturday was a good, easy ride with the group. Everyone was jovial, and seemed to enjoy the ride. The wind was howling, so the decision was made to do the IronCross inside the Fort. I hate riding in the Fort anymore, but coming home on Dixie with a 15-20mph tailwind was nice. What started out as a simple loop ended up being a 45 mile ride.
I rode the carbon wheels, and am seriously toying with the idea of selling them. I don't (and likely won't) race anymore, ergo, there is almost no need for a set of 50mm deep carbon wheels. If anyone has interest, send me a note and I'll give you specifics.

This morning, the core group of four met on what can only be described as a 'breezy' morning. We went in the exact opposite way that the wind called on us to ride. Nothing like a tail to cross-tail for the first 2/3 of the ride, only to make the turn and drive directly into a bloc headwind for the last 20 miles.
I felt like garbage for the first 90 minutes...Gilbert for the next 60...and then TVH got a flat. Nothing like taking the engine from optimum operational temps to nil over the course of ten minutes. The 30-ish minute ride home was a stiff-legged affair, to say the least.

On the equipment tip, I rode my 3x/32 hole wheels with Vittoria Open Pave CG tires today. I'd forgotten how good a straight up, no bullshit set of wheels rides. Plenty fast, plenty stiff, plenty smooth, and comfy. I think I may source some FAT Vittoria rubber for the winter (25 or 27c) and just ride those wheels.

News:

GVA won Paris-Tours out of a two man break. Get used to seeing a BMC jersey crossing the line first. It's gonna happen a lot next year!

The weather looked nice in Ft. Collins for CX...

Horner is going to race until he gets his AARP card.

That's it for me...

Have a good Monday everyone!

No comments: