23 October 2011

Uneventful weekend

Thankfully, there were no dramatic occurences around here. No one got hit by any woodland creatures, no children had to 'meet their momma at the rocket', and I didn't have to spend any time with my in-laws. That alone is worth it's weight in fried Snickers! The State Fair was in town...seems like an apt analogy!

I did get a couple of good rides in, even though I felt pretty meh. 10-ish days off the bike will do that to a brother.

Yesterday, I slept in until 8, and was just out of sorts all flipping day. I did get a nice ride in though. 2 hours on the CX bike, including an exploration of some of the SCE&G property in WeCola. It would be pretty easy to put together a practice CX course back there...
It seems the fall sunflowers are in full bloom in Lexington County too!

I could hear Liggett in my head. It's a shame that I was riding like Liggett as well.

This morning, I got up and watched the WC CX race from Tabor. To say that Pauwels went horizon is a bit of an overstatement. He had a minute, and finished 30 seconds up. Tim Johnson fished a solid 17th, less than 2 minutes down.

Stybar seemed to have fun on one of the rhythm sections.



After the sitting on the couch was done, I got on the Ridley and did a quick two hours out in LexCo. It was borderline perfect out there today. I saw exactly no one on the roads. I did, however, get yelled at by some douche on Gervais St. He was surprised when I caught him at the next light and politely asked him where he had to be at lunchtime...on Sunday!
I also saw the OccupyColumbia dummies at The Statehouse...all 11 of them. Seriously people, your argument falls on deaf ears in a small Southern city.
I sort of felt like a 1%er though, as I was riding past their drum circle on a $5000+ bicycle!

Once home, I cleaned up the yard (fucking leaves...I hate you!), went to Lowe's to get a few things, and built a custom lift for #1's bed (so he can store stuff under it). I should have built some steps too. The poor fella can barely climb into the damn thing! Hope he doesn't fall out!

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend!

Don't forget the night ride. Tuesday @ 1830 from the bank next to Farm Bureau Insurance in Cayce. Strap on your lights and come out for big fun. Hopefully, Bambi, and her ilk, will stay away from us this week.

Oh yeah, the weasel-y little fucker Papp got of with 6 months of house arrest and probation. What a fucking mis-carriage of justice! If a "regular" drug dealer got popped on a similar charge (187 'clients', untold transactions, $80k in profits), He/she would be put under the jail, no matter who got snitched out. Papp should hit his knees every night and thank (insert the Deity of your choice here) that he doesn't have to hit his knees every night in prison.
Regardless, he's still a douche...

No comments: