01 October 2011

I don't know much...

...but I know these dudes have large stones!



4th day in a row on the bike for me. The local 'weather caster', and I type that with certain levels of both disdain AND sarcasm, said the wind would be out of the NW at 8-15mph this morning. I will admit that the direction of the wind was correct, so he was 50% right, but 8-15mph? Really? I'm no walking anemometer, but I'll kiss the "weather caster's" ass if that was the correct wind speed.
I knew I had chosen poorly when I was spinning out 12th St. in the big ring @ 45kmh, and my HR was still 125! The ride home from the end of Old Wire was a struggle to maintain 30kmh. Even riding my every day, 30mm wheels, I was getting blown around like the proverbial feather on the breeze, and we know I'm no feather...

Time to go outside in the back yard and enjoy this wonderful Fall day. I can hear the hammock calling me...

No comments: