28 September 2011

A ride, in pictures and song

I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day. I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away...

"...swervin' like I'm George Jones..."



Train kept a rollin'...


Option 1: Hoobastank
Option 2: Mix-A-Lot

I've had a headache for 2 days, so instead of going out and riding easy, I decided to kill it with fire. Funny how 1x30 @92% will do that. As Asami so eloquently stated in 'The Audition', "Words create lies, pain can be trusted."

When I was done, I looped through the Greenway and ran into Rob, Casey, and their new addition, Ella Kate. Good eggs those two...well, three now. Seeing them this morning put a smile on my face.
Up Gervais and into campus. Once on Greene St., I stopped to help a college girl whose chain had popped off the pulley in her rear derailleur. A quick and easy fix got her rolling in less than 15 seconds, and helped my cycling karma. Two birds...

TVH, Il Prof and I are going out for a loop of the Fort @ 4:30-5:00 tomorrow. Feel free to join...

Namaste...

3 comments:

Velocodger said...

Great post. Let's not count those gloomy hours. Did a ride yesterday with the Young Racer Guys, got my butt kicked..in a good way. Keep the faith..........!

MM said...

Thanks Doug! Sometimes a bike can be several things. Not every ride has to be an ass-kicking, though those are sometimes very therapeutic!
Big wheels, big bright sun, and fresh air. Not much more is needed...

Velocodger said...

My favorite rides are with my dog. A deserted trail and a happy buddy, what could be better?