07 September 2011

A question...?


I need some new bib knicks for the fall/winter. How do the Santini knicks fit? ;)

Good ride yesterday, even though it was a bit dark, and a bit windy. I went out into the wind, hit the heavy/wet dirt, and struggled mightily until the turn onto 12th. Once the wind was at my back, it became quite nice.



Like "taking pictures @ 40kph on 33c tires at 50psi" nice. I normally pop back into the woods, but it's just bad form to not take advantage of a ripping tailwind!

Instead of buying a new bike to ride around town/with the kids/at night, the decision has been made to turn my Salsa Las Cruces into the aforementioned beast. 1x9 with a Deore shifter and XTR rear derailleur, Syncros DH riser bars, Thomson stem/post, carbon cranks...etc.! Yeah, nothing says lovin' like a sub-20 pound townie rig. I'll post pics when the bike is done. For now, I'm less than content sitting here waiting for the parts to hit the door! Grrrrr...

Why do I need a bike like this you ask? Well, riding my custom steel Jericho, or the Ridley, up to school to pick up #1 makes me intolerably nervous. Not the riding part per se, but the 'bike getting knocked over by a spastic 10 year old' scenario. I'd hate to explain to one of the other parents that they owe me $3k for a new frame because their uncontrolled progeny. Betting that would be a thin Christmas around that kid's house!

Enough blathering...Peace! Have a good afternoon!

2 comments:

Junk said...

I like the packing they use for the Santini bibs. Very green and recyclable. I bet it raises the price of the bibs a slight bit, but hey I'll pay a little more for saving the Earth.

MM said...

You know I was being facetious, right?