16 March 2011

TNWC #1

A grand total of 9 showed last night. Of course, the wind was blowing, and the rain was imminent. It turned to 8 immediately after the neutral lap, as your author is not allowed to ride at any speed, or effort, over a conversational pace. As the 'race' progressed, it was easy to see who's been training. It came down to GW (he needs a nickname), JayC, and Der Kaiser at the end. As was stated earlier, the rain was inbound, so at the first sign of drops, I bailed and headed to HQ. Although this coincided with the '2 to go' call, I figured the three of them were all bright enough to figure it out.
Hopefully, there will be actual attendance next week.
I really enjoyed the fact that the shite that I blew/swept into the gutter on the inside of Turn 1 had all blown back into the street. Needless to say, I'll go back out before Round 2 for another go at that corner.

For me, it was just nice to get back on the bike. I really don't care if it was all at <30kmh! AND, it was the maiden voyage of the new Helium. I really didn't ride it hard enough, nor long enough, to be able to write a review, but I will say that it's definitely stiffer than the old version.
Rode it again this morning for nearly two hours with CR. Nice ride, even though the weather is Portland-ish today. Just kind of spun around out into WeCo and came home.
I still feel like some sort of fitness is lurking...it's just the trauma of the procedures I had done is nowhere near healed. Who cares? I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and again), no pro teams are watching, so I'm just gonna ride and smile!

2011 Nokere-Koerse



Steegmans is Flemish for "come around me...if you can..."!!

Peace!

No comments: