25 March 2011

End o'the week

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Welcome to my World!

Good ideas all! Or, carry a Glock 33 compact chassis...

In case any of you are headed to Flanders and need to know where to climbs are along the route. Pic courtesy of Lay-O-Pard Trek. I guess the red lines indicate exactly where their Madones failed along the route. I keed...I keed...

Good Thursday ride last night. Good group and plenty of work. I actually pushed a little bit last night, just to see what would happen. I feel a couple of small twinges of discomfort, but I could still push. Didn't put it anywhere near the PainCave, but it was a nice barometer of where I stand 4 short weeks after surgery. I'm perfectly fine with my current state of being.

I think I'm nearly ready to do a review of the 2011 Ridley Helium as well. One word for now? Sublime...

Saturday morning, Palmetto Velo is doing their group/training ride. 0930 from Cycle Center. 55 miles through Lower Richland. Should be a steady affair, and the plan, according to Meat, is to keep everyone together in an effort to have a nice, big group ride to foster a bit of camaraderie and fun in the Columbia cycling community. Be there!

And an aside...
For all of you folks here in the lovely Southeast, don't complain so loudly about the Springtime pollen and wind. We could all be in the Northeast, or Front Range, shoveling our cars out of the driveway. Instead, we have the hard decision whether to take armwarmers...just in case it gets 'chilly'.

4 comments:

Hip1 said...

Ruger LCP fits in your jersey pocket much better :)

MM said...

Nice suggestion! Looks nice and compact...much narrower than the 33.

Junk said...

Wish to could have join you on Saturday. I'll be at Harbison because there are no hills on the coast.

MM said...

You missed out! It was a great ride on a borderline perfect riding morning!