19 November 2010

The Phoenix

I cannot say enough about Chain Reaction Cycles!! These guys are located in Northern Ireland and have some of the best pricing and fastest shipping around, and that includes the normal American outlets.

I ordered a XT Shadow 10 speed rear derailleur last Thursday morning. It hit my doorstep this morning. 7 days to get from the UK to South Carolina! That's faster than the last thing I ordered from Performance, and those morons are 3-1/2 hours from here!!!

The Salsa will return to it's intended form (2x10 drivetrain) tonight. Yep, I went back to the well with the MTB rear mech. I ran a XT R/D on the thing for 4 years without so much as a hiccup. The change to Ultegra road stuff saw two derailleurs get summarily destroyed with 6 weeks of one another, so back to the slightly heavier, but more robust parts for me.

I did ride the Salsa setup with a Surly Singleator
, but that single 40km ride made it clear that SS just is not for me. Shifting gears is too ingrained in my addled little brain to adapt to the lack of ability to shift. I thought about shifting about 73 times, and tried to shift about 27 times. Number of times it worked? ZERO!

No racing for me until December either. My GI Doc forbade me from toeing the line until he figures out why my throat is swelling some days, and perfectly fine on others. It's money out of my pocket either way...

To the guys racing in Hendersonville this weekend, kick some ass...
Have a good weekend everyone!

Peace

No comments: