05 November 2010

Finally...

Has it been a long week for anyone else? Jeez...

You know that rain and wind that blew through yesterday morning? Yeah, I toed the fine line that separates hard and stupid and went out in it. 2 hours on the CX bike. It was one of those days that give you no choice BUT to go hard, as it's really the only way to stay warm. I did the normal CX loop (the 10km dirt section 2x) and brought my nearly drowned fat ass back to the house. To say I was wet and dirty would be an understatement of epic proportions. I didn't even bother to come in the house post-ride. The mudroom earned it's name!
The ride itself was highly enjoyable...even the uber-soft sand/dirt/clay/mud on Old State was good. I just kept reminding myself that it was good for me. While I was stopped at the light @ Huger St., a nice older lady did asked if I needed a ride somewhere. I explained that I was out in the shit by choice, which was met with a look that a dog gives when ones ask it a question.
No ride today. I'll go out and spin around tomorrow morning, and then wake up before the crack of dawn to race on Sunday. It's supposed to be ass-biting cold Sunday morning...greeeeaaaaat!

News:
Bjarne Riis sure is sensitive, and a little bitter I'd say. Hey Barney, JT has something to tell you...

As the the Luxembourg team, whatever they are to be called, they have BIG money backing them! Look for Luxair, Trek and Mercedes to be on the jersey. Just sayin'...

As always, the Feds show class. Good job FBI! Isn't there a better use of Federal Agent time than strong arming a guy from Ukraine? Dicks! Hey Feds, if you're reading this, I took a piss in Lance's bathroom back in 1999 (really, I did!). I'll probably get a subpoena now.

If you don't read IF's blog once in a while, you should! Art in motion!

And here's a new site that allows you to map rides. It even calculates elevation...pretty rad! Veloroutes.org


Have a good weekend! Go out and get some! Peace!

No comments: