18 April 2010

Weekend

Saturday- No one showed up, on time at least, so I rolled out through the Fort and ended up catching TVH. I felt HORRIBLE, so I turned around and did a big loop with him and NID. Just felt BAD all day...must have been the front blowing through.
Ate poorly last night and got zero sleep, so I figured that today's ride would be a big pile of suck...wrong!

Sunday- I got up and headed into West Columbia to do a short loop. I started feeling better the longer I stayed out, so I just kept riding. I ended up doing the long Gaston loop. I felt damn good for the entire ride, even when I was fighting the monsterous headwind out in middle-of-nowhere Lexington county. 90km solo in 2:35.
No issues with cagers at all out in the sticks either. I had to wait until I was less than a mile from home before getting dive bombed by some prick in a Lexus. I LOVE it when I have the light AND the right of way, yet some self-important, just-left-church BALLBAG blows a yield sign and nearly makes the H.O. an instant millionaire. Fortunately, I saw the aforementioned scrotum coming, checked for traffic and changed lanes. The guy NEVER looked...I guess you don't need to immediately after leaving a house of worship!

The SC State Crit Championships were today. LL and JC finished in the 35+ field. The P/1/2 field made the mistake of taking MW to the line and he cleaned up with the win! Good looking out man! That should garner some interest from some teams...

Easy spin tomorrow morning...see you guys at the TNWC...hopefully...rain is called for Tuesday afternoon.

No comments: