28 April 2010

Good luck with that...

Oh Alberto, you can ride the cobbles all you like...it's not going to help you come July. Special bikes, FMB 27mm tubulars and the micro-doses of CERA won't be enough to help you stay with the lead bunch over the stones. Ask Iban Mayo how it worked out for him...
I have a DVD copy of the 2004 Tour, just in case you want to see it for yourself...skip ahead to Stage 3.

The TNWC was a blow-out, literally, last night. @ 20 started...somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or 6 finished. Sure, a lot of of were out riding around, but all of the fire was blown out by 25mph+ winds. PDiscoe and I rode together for a majority of the time. This was the story for most everyone else...groups of 2 or 3 fighting the West wind. Hell, half the group just packed it up and went home....
I had to stop twice to adjust an ill shifting R/D. I guess putting a new chain on the bike DOES affect shifting. 50mm wheels were a bad choice last night too!

Did the HoP this morning and felt okay...considerably better than Monday. I then made the mistake of tickling some new Dura-Ace 7900 stuff. I say that my 7800 is good enough, then I go play with the new stuff. Why do I do that to myself? And yes, I've played with Di2...and NO, I won't be buying it...

1 comment:

spokejunky said...

Heh, 50mm...'hoist up the John B. sail'