25 April 2010

A weekend off...not by choice...

So Friday was my 40th birthday...oh joy! The H.O. and I took the MTs out of school and went to Charleston for the day. A nice lunch led to a couple hours of chasing a 3 year old and a 5 year old around. This was followed by a short trip to the beach so the boys could run around for a while. I was ready to go and get home, but the H.O. was in no hurry, which struck me as odd, but no matter...
We rolled home @ 7, and much to my honest-to-God surprise, the H.O. had coordinated with my mother and organized a surprise party for me. It was really great and I'm extremely appreciative and thankful. Lots of folks showed up, ate some food and had a pretty good time.
I stayed up late to help the cleanup, but still had plans to show up to ride yesterday...rain or shine. The body had other plans...!!!!!
Alcohol hasn't touched my lips for the better parts of tens years, but I woke up Saturday with what could be described, at best, as a monsterous hangover. Headache, BAD stomach, feeling of malaise...the whole nine. There was no HTFU yesterday! I went back to bed. I guess running around all day, getting dehydrated and eating a bunch a bad food and cake will foul you up pretty badly!
We had family over Sunday for #2 son's 3rd birthday party, and as you all know, family will flat suck the life out of you. An afternoon of entertaining everyone didn't exactly make me chip up!
Another round of cleaning led to sleep coming easy. I hit the pillow @ 11 and opened my eyes @ 10:05! That's right, 11 hours of sleep!
I still feel iffy, so I will not be throwing a leg over the top tube today. Spin tomorrow morning to get moving again...

Now, on to the commentary...
I've never been truly disappointed by a Spring classic, but LBL let me down today. Sure, the racing was good, but the fact(s) that the weather was really nice and that doping doper Vinodoucheov won somehow lessened the experience for me. They should have banned that assmonkey for life.

My .02 cents...nothing more...
I'll have the video up shortly.

Hope everyone who raced this weekend did well. Athens and Tour de Moore were both Saturday. LL hit the ground @ TdM and JayC finished 10th...I have no idea who did what in the rain @ Athens.

EDIT: I forgot the two local loonies who trekked to Tennessee for the Cohutta 100. EmilyB and MDro went up and braved the weather and slop for the slugfest. Both finished and are worse for wear today...good job guys!

See you guys Tuesday!

2 comments:

Emily said...

ps happy birthday!

Emily said...

what about your mtb friends who were out in the thunderstorms at cohutta 100...