12 April 2010

A man with boys...

No, the title isn't a diatribe about the Catholic Church, it more than accurately explains and describes Cancellara's race on Sunday. I won't bore you all with the details, as I'm sure you've all watched it several times. I will say though, Fabian just throttled the strongest men in the World, PERIOD! It made a Kershaw County ass-whipping look like a tickle fight!
Muddy Waters must have seen the future when he was writing 'Mannish Boy', because Fabian was a full-grown man on Sunday!
And how about those beautiful FMB tubulars he was riding? $165 to you...for the 25c width. The 27c tires FC was on will run you @$250 each...if you could get them. Handmade...by one old French man...in his house...
I never ridden, nor even SEEN one in person, but I can only imagine what they feel like when glued to a proper set of wheels. Smooth like butter on a bald monkey...

Now for my part of the post...

Saturday- 85km with the group. Felt BAD when we left, but got marginally better as the ride progressed. Came home and did yardwork for 3 more hours...cross-training...

Sunday- 75km with the group. Felt better...

Monday- 90 minute spin on the cross bike this morning (with skinnies). Planned to ride easy, and did just that...until the opportunity the do a little motorpacing popped up. I tucked in behind a truck/trailer and paced him from south of the Stadium, through Olympia and up onto Huger St.
That's when the bluelights and sirens came on. The Columbia PoPo pulled BOTH of us over. Unbelievably, the cop was pretty cool about it. He said what I was doing was 'very dangerous' (no shit!), yet impressive at the same time. He gave me a written warning for speeding (43 in a 25) and dangerous driving. I cajoled the officer into giving the driver a break too, as he likely had no idea I was behind him.
I felt pretty good after the effort though...
40-45mph is quick, especially when you only have a 46t big ring!!! 46/12 FTW!

See you guys tomorrow night! Peace!

And yes, I think I'll get the warning ticket framed...

No comments: